Keto Swedish Meatballs are my absolute favorite! I had them for the first time at IKEA. Those are some creamy looking meatballs.
- 20 frozen meatballs
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Microwave meatballs until thawed. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Toast meatballs in butter until evenly browned then set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté 3 minutes. Whisk in xanthan gum.
- Pour in heavy cream, beef broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in Dijon, Worcestershire, and meatballs right before serving.
- Serve over low carb pasta or mashed cauliflower.
Traditional Swedish meatballs are served with lingonberry jam. I chose sugar free cranberry sauce as a low carb substitute. Scroll back a few posts on my page for the recipe.