Keto Southern Baked Mac & Cheese just looks phenomenal and like a proper ass baked Mac and cheese should!
Cheesy low carb noodles topped with a golden pork rind and bacon crust. This side dish will be the real winner of your #turkeyday meal!
- 1 bag Great Low Carb macaroni
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. sharp cheddar, grated
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup PorkKingGood crumbs
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles
- parsley (optional)
- Boil macaroni in salted water for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in xanthan gum. Pour in half & half. Bring to a simmer then slowly sprinkle in 8 oz. of cheddar while whisking until smooth. Season with pepper and add macaroni to sauce.
- Layer 1/3 of macaroni mixture in bottom of a greased 9×9 dish. Top with 1/3 of the remaining cheddar and mozzarella. Repeat layers 2x more times. Top with pork crumbs and bacon.
- Bake covered at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove lid last 10 minutes.