A classic Keto shepherd’s pie bring comfort to anyone eating it. Its My first time making something with cauliflower mash, when you load it up with cheese and cream it’s so good you don’t even miss the potatoes!
- 1 medium head cauliflower (cut into florets about 6 cups)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven 400°. Take a large pot add salted water and boil it. Then add cauliflower florets and cook it until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain cauliflower now and remove excess water as much as possible by pressing with paper towel or a clean dish towel.
- Return cauliflower to pot and add cream cheese in it. Mash cauliflower by using potato masher until smooth.
- Add 1 cup cheddar, heavy cream, eggs, and half of the green onions and stir together to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium heat and heat oil. Add carrots, onion, celery, and mushrooms and cook until soft (about5-10 minutes). Add garlic and cook for more 1 minute. Add thyme, tomato paste, rosemary and Worcestershire sauce and stir to coat veggies. Now add ground beef to skillet to break up meat by using a wooden spoon , cook until no longer pink (about 6 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Add broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Top skillet with cauliflower mash, then top with remaining half cup of cheddar. Now bake it until cheese is melty and top color is golden (about 20 minutes).
- Top with more green onions to serve.
Net carb 9g
Protein 34g &
467 calories per serving.