Around the holidays for my entire life, we always had sausage rolls. I could eat batches if my mom wasn’t careful. There was no way that my first Xmas on keto was going to prevent me from smashing a bunch of these into my face!
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 3 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 tube Ground Sausage
- Heat the oven to 400° F. Melt the shredded mozzarella and the cream cheese in the microwave. (Two 45 second intervals should do it).
- Mix and mash it until they’re well combined. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and 2 of the eggs to the cheese mixture. And smashy-smashy again until it resembles a crumbly sticky dough.
- Take out a 20×20 (or a bit more) square of parchment paper and lay the dough in a nice even line on one side but not the edge of the paper. Close to the center. Fold the other side of the paper over, and hand-mash or rolling pin. Roll the dough until you have a nice flat rectangle.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly along one side of the rectangle.
- Use the parchment paper to roll the dough over the of sausage. Press the dough gently together until sealed. It should be sticky enough to hold together.
- Slice that meat log up into 1 inch sections. Place the rolls (dough down) on parchment.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush that goop onto the dough. You could probably do this while its still a meat log.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes.
1 Serving/ 1 Roll =
Net Carbs per Roll 2.8g