Keto diet is the most happening diet right now. Everyone is talking so much about this high-fat, low-carb diet. But what if you have a sweet tooth, and can’t imagine your life without desserts? I mean, how can we spend days without having cakes, cookies, and brownies? And if we can’t take flour, sugar, or milk, how can we even bake them? Well, you have me in your group. I had the same questions in my mind while I started my keto journey. But trust me, the keto diet isn’t that tough. You just have to find some creative ways around the keto-friendly ingredients. And you will have a whole bunch of sweet treats to enjoy your keto journey. Today, I will share with you one of my favorite keto desserts. It is the keto fudgy brownie. Try the recipe. Trust me, you will forget the original ones.
The keto fudgy brownie is stuffed with healthy and functional nutrients. The keto substitutes are so healthy that you can relish the brownies without any guilt. You will even do a favor to your body while eating the brownie. The ingredients are super easy to find and not too costly.
A few key facts about the ingredients
We will be using almond flour instead of all-purpose one which is considered to be the healthiest substitute for flour. Almond flour helps to boost our brainpower. It also helps to reduce bad cholesterol in our blood. Try to find the finest almond flour for the recipe. And to be on the safer side, you can strain the almond flour before starting the baking.
I have used both unsalted butter and peanut butter in the same amount. Originally peanut butter isn’t used in fudgy brownies. But a little bit addition of peanut butter gives a really nice nutty flavor to it.
I have used erythritol as the sweet substitute. You can also use monk fruit sweetener in the same amount. But please avoid using stevia. Although stevia is the easiest sugar substitute to find, it can make the dessert bitter if not used properly.
8×8 inch pan
Try to use an 8×8 inch pan to bake the brownie. It will be the perfect size to bake the brownies thick.
Storing the brownies.
You can store the brownies in an air-tight container for three days at room temperature. And if you store them in the refrigerator, you can keep them for up to seven days.
Keto fudgy brownie recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon keto chocolate chips
- ½ cup erythritol
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and erythritol. Mix well.
- Take a good quality food processor. Add eggs, unsalted butter, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips. Mix properly.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients mix into the egg mixture. Combine gently.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.