Keto Clam Chowder Recipe is a keto friendly recipe that you can make easily at your home. I am using canned clams for preparing this recipe because they are easier to find and cheap as well, also have great taste.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 andouille sausage (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups seafood stock
- 2 (10 ounce) cans of clams (in clam juice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups celery root (skinned and chopped)
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Take a soup pot or dutch oven and cook bacon in it. Once bacon starts to get crispy remove them from soup pot and set aside. Drain some of the bacon grease from pot, leaving some in the bottom of pan (at least 3 tablespoon).
- Add 2 tablespoon of butter to the pan and add garlic, thyme and onion in it. Cook it until onion begins to soften (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Then add seafood stock, heavy cream, juice from the canned clams, celery root and bay leaf in it.
- Boil and then lower the heat from it and let simmer until you can pierce the celery root with a fork (for about 15 minutes). After that if it is too thin, continue to simmer more time or add more heavy cream. If it is too thick, add more seafood stock.
- Once it is consistency you like, add in clams and season to taste with salt & pepper. Cook more for 2 to 3 minutes to get the clams warmed.
- Serve soup warm with bacon pieces and parsley.