These chicken roll ups are quick and easy to make, but they are also special occasion worthy.
Prep Time: 19 minutes Cook Time: 21 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 Chicken Rolls Up
How to make a keto chicken pesto roll up:
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, (4 medium/large chicken breasts)
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt, (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup of pesto sauce, (about 8 Tbsp. total)
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded,, (reserve 2 oz. for topping)
- 2 tomatoes (medium), 16 rings of tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh basil leaves, shredded, optional garnish
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. On a cutting board, cut the chicken breast into 8 thin cutlets. Put each cutlet between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and then pound on them with a rolling pin or any other rigid item to make them 1/8″ thick. Season both sides with garlic salt and black pepper before cooking them in the oven.
- Take 1 tbsp. of pesto, put it in the center of a rolled-up piece of chicken and top with 2 thin slices of tomato and sprinkle with 2-3 tbsp. of mozzarella cheese. Use a toothpick to create a seal on both ends.
- To make the dish, place medium-high heat. Heat up butter and oil in a large skillet. Sear chicken on both sides until golden. Cook for 4 minutes per side or 8 minutes in total.
- Top the chicken with cheese and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 425˚F, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.