Keto Béarnaise Chicken and Shrimp served over Cauli-mash, Fun Fact of the Day: Béarnaise sauce originated from France in the 19th century. Like a little brother to hollandaise》it is made of egg yolks, butter, white wine vinegar, shallots, and herbs… sounds fancy and complicated doesn’t it??
Would you believe me if I told you I made this delicious buttery Béarnaise in the MICROWAVE?
YES, I did.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb. deveined & detailed shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. bacon grease or butter
- salt & pepper
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally making thin chicken cutlets.
- Place each chicken piece between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound until evenly 1/2 inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat bacon grease on medium-low and saute chicken until browned on each side and fully-cooked.
- Remove chicken from pan and add shrimp. Brown in remaining grease.
- 12 oz. bag frozen cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Leave cauliflower in the bag and cook in microwave for 10 minutes.
- Dump into a bowl and using a potato masher, crush cauliflower.
- Mix in butter, cheese, cream, and seasonings. Use an immersion blender to achieve a creamy texture.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. yellow onion, minced
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- pinch of ground mustard
- Melt butter in microwave – about 45 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Microwave an additional 1-2 minutes or until hot and creamy, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
- Don’t overheat or sauce will curdle.
Build your plate with the cauli-mash on bottom, then chicken & shrimp, and lastly the Béarnaise.