Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 2/3 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/5 cup water
- 1/5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Oregano, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Divide egg yolks and egg whites.
- Whip egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl or a food processor bowl.
- Pour in water, oil, and apple cider vinegar, and egg yolks. Process until combined.
- Add egg whites and fresh oregano.
- Process until you obtain a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
There are numerous versions of keto diet bread as it is a versatile recipe. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare, as there is no dough rising required.
Before slicing, allow the bread loaf to cool completely.
You can grease the pan with extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter.
If you like crunchy texture, you can sprinkle it with coarsely chopped nuts like walnuts or almonds.
You can also replace flaxseeds with other types like black sesame seeds if desired.
You can add more chopped herbs to enhance the flavors, like a combination of rosemary, thyme, oregano, and sage.
If you would like to experiment a little bit more with the flavors, add three eggs instead of 5 and one grated and drained zucchini.
If you don’t have a food processor, combine dry and liquid ingredients (with whipped egg whites) in a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon to combine. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
Each serving will have approximately 110 calories and 4 g of carbohydrates.